The start of a new year is a great time for some sole searching and redefining what you want to achieve and what success looks like for you. How often do you really think about where you’re going in your career and the things that you invest your time in? All too often we get caught up in the day to day and neglect to think about our long term goals. If we don’t invest in ourselves then we how can we invest and promote our teams?
I’d like you to take some time to consider the following questions:
- What are your core values?
- What makes you tick?
- What are you passionate about?
- Do you do enough to promote these values and passions
- Do you do enough to invest in “brand you”?
- How can you set yourself up to succeed?
- Where do you see yourself in 1 year, 2 years, 5 years?
- What steps are you taking to get there?
Give yourself a little shake-up both metaphorically and actually, 2019 could be the year to fly but only if you invest in you.
Robert Glazer has written a great article with some more food for thought.