Today I came across a new concept, well new to me anyway. It’s the 5 ways to mental wellbeing. These are:
- be active
- take notice
- keep learning
These seem to encapsulate a lot of themes that I’ve previously discussed, about being better to yourself, those around you and to improve yourself through development and learning.
The research talks about how if you manage to do these 5 simple things each day, it can help with your wellbeing and mental health. In a world that demands too much I think choosing to take time to really embody these things can and will make a difference.
Here’s my commitment:
- connect – have I really connected with someone today? Is there someone I know I can talk to who would otherwise maybe not talk to someone all day?
- be active – take a walk, every day for at least 20 minutes. Get outside and turn off the tech to allow myself time to absorb the world around me
- take notice – what is new in my environment, be that new people or new experiences
- keep learning – take 10 minutes each day to read an article or a paper
- give – my time to my family – be really present with my children and stop being distracted
That’s my commitment, what is yours?